... beside still waters ...

... beside still waters ...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back to the KJV

BACK TO THE KJV
(To the tune of Back in the USSR by the Beatles)
by
John M. MacLEOD

Heard of new translations that were comin’ out,
Makin’ God’s Word easy to read,
So I went and broke my bank account,
Hopin’ for a spiritual feed,

(chorus)

But haven’t you heard boys,
A more faithful word, boys,
C’mon back to the K,
                        Back to the K J
                        Back to the K J V

New American Standard was so hard to shift,
It really gave my mind a pain,
The New English Bible kept wantin’ to drift,
And travel in the opposite lane.

                        Chorus

Staring at the Living Bible freaked me out,
I could swear that it started to breathe,
Good News for Modern Man left a doubt,
What happened to other centuries?

                        Chorus

Jerusalem Bible had so much cut out,
It must have gotten circumcised,
The Douae Rheme had so much put in,
I nearly got Catholo-super-sized!

                        Chorus

The Message was so watered down it made a mess,
I had to get a mop and pail,
The Amplified Bible was way too loud,
It made my ears begin to fail.

            Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment